Voting changes - don't lose your vote
Posted on 14th March 2023
There are some big changes coming to voting rules - you will need to have photo ID if you want to vote in person so don't lose your vote.
There is a local election taking place on 4th May, where ALL seats of Woughton Community Council are up for election. There are some key dates you need to know:
- Deadline to register to vote – midnight on 17th April
- Deadline to register for a postal vote – 5pm on 18th April
- Deadline for an application for a Voter Authority Certificate (the ID needed to vote if nothing else in place) – 5pm on 24th April.
To try and help ensure that everyone is supported to have the right advice, paperwork and if wanted, so stand as a candidate in the upcoming elections, we will be holding a series of 'pop ups' over the next couple of weeks:
- Netherfield Community Café Monday 13th March NFMP (2.30pm)
- Residents Association Forum Tuesday 14th March Chambers (6pm)
- Eaglestone Café Wednesday 15th March EAC (3.30pm)
- Warm Space at Tinkers Bridge Thursday 16th March TBMP (5pm)
- Coffee Hall Cafes W/C 20th March CHMP (various)
We will also be holding some evening 'drop in' sessions - Thursday 16th at Coffee Hall and Thursday 23rd at Netherfield, both between 6pm and 7pm.
And we will be at Peatree Bridge (the 'gap' on Waterside evens) and Leadenhall (the 'roundabout' on Coombes Crescent) on Saturday 25th March - Peartree between 11am - noon and then Leadenhall from 1pm - 2pm.
If you have any questions or queries, pop along or check ou the Electoral Commission website at https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/voter
Share this post: