Talking about coronavirus and staying well
The current situation may feel quite difficult – it’s scary and unknown and nobody really knows what is going to happen. And for most of us, it has never happened before .
We have pulled together some links, websites and documents that may help you, your family, your children and others understand what is happening and help them manage during this time.
Please bear in mind internet safety – details HERE
– BACP guidance around managing anxiety – https://www.bacp.co.uk/news/news-from-bacp/2020/28-february-coronavirus-anxiety-how-to-cope-if-you-re-feeling-anxious-about-the-outbreak/
– Anna Freud links – Supporting schools & colleges: A guide to supporting the mental health and wellbeing of pupils and students during periods of disruption There are also three videos, one for school staff, one for parents and one for children and young people which may be useful.
– Liverpool CAMHS resource – https://wakelet.com/wake/564d7bc8-4bc9-462f-a9e1-2deb03150c3
– National Autistic Society – guidance and helpline for parents’, young people and staff: https://www.autism.org.uk/services/nas-schools/vanguard/news/2020/march/coronavirus-(covid-19)-advice.aspx
– Mencap – Easy Read guide to Coronavirus: https://www.mencap.org.uk/sites/default/files/2020-03/Information%20about%20Coronavirus%20ER%20SS2.pdf
– Place2Be – Guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing: https://www.place2be.org.uk/about-us/news-and-blogs/2020/march/coronavirus-information-for-children/
– Young Minds – Talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing: https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/talking-to-your-child-about-coronavirus/
– Carers UK – Guidance for carers: https://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice/health/looking-after-your-health/coronavirus-covid-19
– Covibook – an interactive resource designed to support and reassure children aged 7 and under, designed to help children explain and draw the emotions that they might be experiencing during the pandemic: https://www.mindheart.co/descargables
– Amaze – information pack for parents https://amazesussex.org.uk/faqs-about-the-coronavirus-for-parent-carers-of-children-with-send-brighton-hove/
– Public Health England have produced an easy read version of their Advice on the coronavirus for places of education. You can download it here: https://www.publichealth.hscni.net/sites/default/files/2020-03/V4%20Coronavirus%20advice%20for%20schools%20poster%20020302%20EDU15.0.4%20%282%29.pdf