Councillor Sue Smith
Cllr Sue Smith is the current Chair of Woughton Community Council.
Attendance (based on the 2020/2021 Council Year)
Full Council: 11 out of 11 meetings
Operations Committee: 4 out of 5 meetings
Resources & Finance Committee: 4 out of 4 meetings
Services & Communities Committee: 6 out of 7 meetings
Planning Committee: 10 out of 11 meetings
Cllr Smith has been a resident in Woughton since 2006 (and prior to that, lived on a narrow boat that was often moored on the parish). She became in Councillor in 2007 as she is passionate about making a difference. Cllr Smith has 3 step daughters and 6 grandchildren who visit often. She also has 3 dogs, 2 German shepherds and a tiny chihuahua.
Cllr Smith has attended the NALC conference, was lead member for the Neighbourhood Plan and worked hard alongside the steering group to ready it for the referendum. She has also helped judge the school parking project posters and awarded the prizes to the winners in assemblies. Cllr Smith has also:
- Attended every Milton Keynes Council/YourMK regeneration meetings.
- Helped organise the summer ball.
- Attended meetings on Peartree Bridge regarding the Arts project.
- Attended 2 joint conferences with Campbell Park Parish Council.
- Attended all the Thames Valley Police Forums and recently became the Chair.
- Held one to ones with fellow Councillors regarding self-development.
- Attended the Mayor’s Civic Service and Civic Reception, and the new Mayor’s inauguration.
- Presented the Chairs Awards.
- Attended Peartree Bridge residents’ meetings and now they have a new resident’s association.
- Attended monthly meetings with the Housing Manager, exchanging information for the benefit of the community.
- Initiated contact with the Milton Keynes College Principal when there was the possibility of a sale of the Leadenhall site and discussed possible housing options (which will now not take place).
- Worked with Councillor Fuller when residents became victims of the floods, alongside Milton Keynes Council and Mears . Set up a emergency flood page on Facebook where residents could update Woughton Community Council and also a resident association forum so that all information could be pool and any updates to help learn more in producing an emergency incident plan, which has now been completed.
- Attended training for GDPR, chair skills, finance, food hygiene update training and did some training for fellow councillors.
- Attended Parking and Resident Association meetings on behalf of Woughton Community Council.
- Organised day trips for chatter and Natter and cooked most weeks with help from volunteers.
- Attended the Armed Forces Day at Milton Keynes Council and remembrance services at the Coffee Hall war memorial (both children and adults services).
- Helped other Parish & Town Councils with interviews and attended Senior Leadership Team weekly meetings.