Accessibility Statement for The Council Website
Woughton Community Council is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Woughton Community Council takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of The Council Website:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- We aim to make as much as possible accessible to as many as possible, whether that is in writing, throughout events, services or simple day-to-day interactions.
- Some of the information necessary for us as a local council is harder to access than we would like. We welcome feedback from you, our residents, to make improvements as and when we can.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Council Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of The Council Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on The Council Website:
- Phone: 01908 395681
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor address: The Council Hub, Local Centre, Garraways, Coffee Hall, MK6 5EG
- Postal address: The Council Hub, Local Centre, Garraways, Coffee Hall, MK6 5EG
- On Twitter and Facebook @woughtoncc
We try to respond to feedback within Within 2 working days.
Accessibility of The Council Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of The Council Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for The Council Website:
- Minutes and papers from meetings: PDF’s may have issues with some screen readers because These PDF’s were created prior to recent developments and don’t meet the highest standards. We are reviewing all site content and will replace where possible with updated formats. If you require any particular set of papers in an alternative format, please let us know and we will arrange it. .
- All pictures: Some pictures may not have alternative text and therefore be inaccessible to visitors with visual impairments because When uploading pictures, not all contributors have included all relevant information. . We are reviewing all pictures across the site and will be adding suitable information to resolve this issue. Please inform us of any issues you encounter and we can address immediately .
Woughton Community Council assessed the accessibility of The Council Website by the following approaches:
- This statement is based upon an initial assessment internally. We are currently having an external specialist assess the site fully to identify any issues and will update this statement accordingly.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Woughton Community Council