Please see below a notice of vacancy which occurred for the office of Councillor for the Leadenhall Ward of the Parish of Woughton Community Council.
Ten (10) Electors of the ward have fourteen (14) days from today’s date (Friday 28th August 2020) to contact Milton Keynes Council to request an election.
If a request for an election has not been made Woughton Community Council can co-opt to fill the vacancy.
Please note that if there is a request for an election, the election will not take place until Thursday 6th May 2021.
To be eligible for election, a person MUST:
- Must live within 4.8 kilometres (three miles) of the parish.
- Be 18 years of age on the day of nomination.
- Be a British citizen, Commonwealth citizen, or a citizen of the Republic of Ireland or a citizen of another Member State of the European Community.
- Be shown in the register of electors in the local government area for which he or she intends to stand as a candidate; or
- Have resided in the area for a period of one year; or
- Have occupied as owner or tenant land in the area for one year; or
- Have had his or her principal, or only place of work in the area for one year.
Candidates are advised to complete as many of the qualifications that apply, because if a candidate only satisfies the first qualification, (that of being a local government elector) and subsequently ceases to be registered, he or she will be disqualified from holding office.
Further information and guidance on what to do as a candidate can be found on the Electoral Commission website.