Please see below a notice of vacancy which occurred for the office of Councillor for the Eaglestone Ward of the Parish of Woughton Community Council.
Ten (10) Electors of the ward have fourteen (14) days from today’s date (Monday 16th September 2019) to contact Milton Keynes Council to request an election.
If a request for an election has not been made Woughton Community Council can co-opt to fill the vacancy.
To be eligible for election, a person MUST:
- Must live within 4.8 kilometres (three miles) of the parish.
- Be 18 years of age on the day of nomination.
- Be a British citizen, Commonwealth citizen, or a citizen of the Republic of Ireland or a citizen of another Member State of the European Community.
- Be shown in the register of electors in the local government area for which he or she intends to stand as a candidate; or
- Have resided in the area for a period of one year; or
- Have occupied as owner or tenant land in the area for one year; or
- Have had his or her principal, or only place of work in the area for one year.
Candidates are advised to complete as many of the qualifications that apply, because if a candidate only satisfies the first qualification, (that of being a local government elector) and subsequently ceases to be registered, he or she will be disqualified from holding office.
Further information and guidance on what to do as a candidate can be found on the Electoral Commission website.
WOUGHTON COMMUNITY COUNCIL
TAKE NOTE THAT A VACANCY HAS OCCURRED IN THE OFFICE OF COUNCILLOR FOR THE EAGLESTONE WARD OF THE PARISH COUNCIL OF WOUGHTON COMMUNITY COUNCIL
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LOCAL ELECTIONS (PARISHES & COMMUNITIES) (ENGLAND & WALES) RULES 2006 AN ELECTION WILL BE HELD IF, WITHIN FOURTEEN DAYS OF THE DATE BELOW, NOTICE IN WRITING REQUESTING SUCH AN ELECTION IS GIVEN BY TEN ELECTORS OF THE PARISH TO: –
MILTON KEYNES COUNCIL
1, SAXON GATE EAST
IN THE EVENT OF NO SUCH REQUEST FOR AN ELECTION BEING RECEIVED, THE PARISH COUNCIL WILL FILL THE VACANCY BY CO-OPTION AT THE EARLIEST POSSIBLE DATE.
ANY QUALIFIED PERSON WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION SHOULD CONTACT THE CLERK FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
DATED THIS 16th DAY OF SEPTEMBER 2019.
SIGNED: Steve McNay
(Parish Clerk / Council Manager)